PBK

PBK

Friday, April 17, 2009

My sweetest baby



Fluffy is my side kick, I go nowhere without him. He is as human as human can be. Last week the little smucker got into some hamloaf. The next day, he blew up like a balloon, I thought maybe he had bloat, which can be deadly for a dog. So, at 10PM we trotted off to the vet for an emergency x-ray. Bloat ruled out, thank goodness. Next morning we had blood work, with the results of pancreatitis! Pain pills and antibiotics along with some expensive special food we were sent home. One week later, we return to the vet for follow up blood work. In the mean while, poor baby must have sprained his back leg, vet says maybe he tore ligament, so more pain meds. I have to carry him up and down steps to go potty, not so much fun, especially at 2, 4, 6 AM, cuz this new food moves through him like, ummmmmm, fast!! Vet mentioned surgery for the leg, I am already into these people for over 1K, now they want surgery. Where do you stop. Or dont you. How long must I let the little man go around with the back leg hunched up? Say a prayer for my sweetest baby........as he is only 7 years old, and has little Miss Hope to entertain =D

5 comments:

a painter said...

Oh, dear! As the "mother" to a 4 pound Yorkie, I know how vulnerable little dogs are. Your little one is a sweetie. Pancreatitis is hard to manage but is IS manageable...I have friends who have been through this.

Fluffy is so cute. I hope there is a full recovery soon. Please kiss him on the top of his head for me! Sending you both a a hug--

Denni said...

Oh, the poor thing. You know I feel as vets charge so much. We had a dog and horses and the sad thing was my horse bill was cheaper than the dog most of the time. I hope fluffy feels better. Poor guy. He's probably loving the extra attention though :) Sending you my thoughts

Sonia ;) said...

awww Kim....prayers to fluffy...

Sonia

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

he's your baby..so you keep going like you would your own..he is adorable...I hope he gets to feeling better soon...:)

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

Oh my goodness! I hope Fluffy is feeling much better soon!
Kim