PBK

PBK

Thursday, January 21, 2010

ROOT CANAL



The Procedure

Step 1

After the tooth is anesthetized, an opening is made through the crown into the pulp chamber.

Step 2


The length of the root canals is determined. Unhealthy pulp is removed. (in my case, I already had a root canal on this tooth 8 years ago, something went amiss, and therefore I needed a second root canal)

Step 3


Canals are cleaned, enlarged and shaped.


Step 4

Canals are filled and sealed. (medication was added to my canals to prevent further infection)

Step 5

The tooth is sealed with a temporary filling. Usually a gold or porcelain crown adds further protection. (I already had a crown in place, so the doctor drilled through it) There is only a 20-30% chance that my bone/jaw will heal correctly, if it does not, then the tooth will be extracted!

To say the least, I have not been a happy camper for the past 3 days. Pain pills and soft foods, just dont cut it for me.

4 comments:

tattered 'n torn prims said...

feel better soon!!! :O(

Stace

Donna said...

And the pain in the wallet doesn't help either! Hope you feel better soon!

Phillane E'lee said...

Oh Kim,
OUCH! Thanks for the lesson though. I am blessed. Never had one and don't think I do. I hope it works. Poor thing. You have such a pretty smile.
Hugs,Pea

Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe said...

Oh boy, I hope you get some relief after all that!
Kim