PBK

PBK

Monday, February 1, 2010

Green Smoothie Detox



Yes, it's that time of year AGAIN! I will be doing the 3-day detox with the Green Smoothie Queen once again this year. I am running a little behind, as I usually do it in January.

I felt like a new woman after completing the 3 days. And, I did loose a few holiday pounds, which in my book, is worth alot more than 3 days of eating "green" stuff!

If you think about it, the human body was designed to eat fruits and vegetables in the raw form. Once we cook these foods, they lose all of their nutritional value. Enzymes are lost, and digestion is hindered.

Why is there so much sickness in our country? Is it because of what we eat or do not eat, how we eat it?

Every year I try to include more and more fresh fruits and veggies to our diets, and it seems more and more that we are feeling better, and not getting the sickies that everyone else is getting.

Let me know if you decide to try the detox! I would like to hear how you made out. I will keep you posted as I travel that road - soon =)

3 comments:

The Vintage Polka Dot said...

oh too cool! I'm going to check it out now! I have been considering giving up meat as well. I've heard so many wonderful stories about people who become vegans and how their health and lives have changed for the better.

CraBBy GaBBy said...

gonna give this a go..I totally agree....kiwis are my new thing, skin and all..pureed in the blender with some blueberries and honey...

be sure to drink through a straw they, the acid will take the enamel off your teeth!!

Soleil-ln said...

Thank you for sharing this information. Would like to try it! Good luck!